Depth and Breadth of Knowledge
For over twenty years, Howard Levine has offered independent financial advisory services aimed at helping individuals and businesses proactively manage change to create optimal outcomes. Using a holistic, integrated wealth planning process, Howard takes the time necessary to understand client needs, ambitions and concerns, and is committed to helping clients develop plans that build, preserve, and accumulate wealth. As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and a Certified Wealth Strategist, Howard has the knowledge, skills, and tools to help clients achieve their immediate, mid- and long-term financial goals.
Certified Wealth Strategist®
Howard was among the first 1000 professionals to obtain The Certified Wealth Strategist® designation, administered by Cannon Financial Institute. This designation is awarded to individuals who completed an in-depth course that focuses on the issues surrounding effective wealth management strategies.
Obtaining the Certified Wealth Strategist designation provides financial services professionals with the technical knowledge, practice management know-how and critical client communications skills to create and build a wealth advisory practice that works effectively for clients with more complex wealth issues. These professionals strive to become their clients’ trusted advisor.
The creation of the CWS® designation was in response to a need in the industry for a practical, application-based certification program for financial professionals. Specifically, in volatile times like the present, a respected financial service professional requires the skill set of a “trusted advisor”. Defined as an advisor with not only the competencies to understand their clients specific wealth needs but the conversational skills to communicate in a way that the client comprehends.
A Certified Wealth Strategist is trained to:
- Understand and uncover clients key wealth issues
- Understand a client’s situation, future aspirations, feelings, and family dynamics and reconcile any gaps between current reality and future dreams.
- Place these issues in the context of a wealth management strategy
- Form and communicate reasonable and logical opinions for addressing each of the issues
- Identify appropriate, collaborative resources (attorney, accountants, etc.) required to best achieve optimal outcomes
- Act as an emotional counselor, using a disciplined process to achieve client goals.
A Certified Wealth Strategist®:
- Has the knowledge and skill sets needed to work with more complex issues
- Is well versed in the finite number of key issues that must be addressed with all affluent and high-net worth clients
- Has the competence to identify issues and assume the lead role in analysis with other professionals as needed
- Provides ideas, suggestions, and alternatives for addressing your specific issues
- Goal is to become your Trusted Advisor
A Certified Wealth strives to help clients:
- Accumulate, invest and preserve wealth
- Plan for the distribution of their wealth during life in tax-advantaged ways
- Plan for the distribution of their wealth at death in tax-advantaged ways
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA).
As a member of the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts and a CDFA recipient, Levine is qualified to act as an advisor for clients and their attorney. Levine also works collaboratively as a mediator for divorcing parties. Using his knowledge of investment tax strategies, asset distribution of marital property, and short- and long-term financial planning, Levine strives to maximize the value of any settlement for his clients.
Issues such as asset liquidation, possible tax consequences upon liquidation, reallocation or change of ownership and the mechanics of transferring assets between spouses are factors that must be considered when developing a settlement strategy. By understanding the tax implications of dividing property and the financial impact of various settlement options, Levine is able to help clients and attorneys avoid the common financial pitfalls of divorce by offering valuable insight into the pros and cons of different settlement proposals.